Maximise your existing space
Making use of existing space delivers a much quicker return on investment than relocating or expanding your existing premises. Not to mention costs are lower and there’s less disruption to your business. And most mezzanine floors don’t require planning permission.
Achieving the best return means designing the right mezzanine floor to achieve your business goals (more space, streamlined workflows, extra capacity…) and meet engineering/ Building Regulation requirements. With DMA you get over 40 years’ experience of exactly that.
- Site surveys — our professional surveyors will formulate initial design requirements and costings, discussing the options open to you.
- Design — extensive cross-industry experience enables us to deliver optimised designs essential for smooth-running building regulations approval, manufacture and installation.
- On your behalf — we can handle building regulations applications and fire officer approval for you. All our designs comply with the relevant building regulations and british standards . We can use higher-spec moisture-resistant decking.
- Project management — your DMA project manager provides a single point of contact ensuring everything runs smoothly, to the agreed schedule and with minimum disruption. For uninterrupted operation, mezzanines can be built over weekends or holiday periods.
- Installation — we use only experienced and qualified installation engineers working under comprehensive insurance cover and robust health and safety standards. With several DMA clients operating secure or sensitive sites, we understand the requirements of such environments.
DMA mezzanine floors comply with all relevant standards:
- Building regulations Part B, K and M as appropriate.
- BRE Digest 437
- Structural steel code BS 5950: Parts 1 and 5 and the loading requirements of BS 6399
- Stairs and walkway codes BS 5395: Parts 1 and 3
Mezzanine floor options
- Pallet gates — the preferred option of building control inspectors as conventional gates are no longer considered safe.
- Goods lift — for where a fork lift or hoist is impractical/ undesirable. DMA mezzanine goods lifts are simple, safe and efficient.
- Edge protection — There are a number of handrail options available to suit your particular environment from standard post and rail systems to chrome and glass balustrade finishes.
- Fire protection — Many mezzanine floors now require fire rating to comply with building regulations and DMA’s surveyors will advise whether this would be required for your particular requirement.
Your DMA surveyor will advise you of the best way to achieve your requirement…